Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Open Letter to the Cast and Crew of Psalty

Dear Psalty family,

Thank you for taking part in this journey with me. You are all wonderful, and this show would not be the same if any one of you had not been part of it. You have all bonded beautifully, and become a true show family - which is so great, considering our show is all about families!
The little dancers!
The way you've all grown from the day you all came along to auditions, nervous and excited to now, on the day before we open is incredible! In some ways, it's hard to believe you are the same people :D
We knew from audition day that this show was going to be special - and boy, has it been! You are all so talented, so funny, so creative, such beautiful souls. And I'm so glad the Lord chose each of you to be part of the show with us! 
We've shared some hilarious moments, seen you all giggle like crazy over something I personally didn't think funny (being an adult is clearly very boring, I'm discovering!), seen some incredible breakthroughs and developments in each of you as performers, had a rehearsal overrun by kittens!, worked super hard, and had lots and lots of fun! 

And tomorrow, we take to the stage to show the world what you've been working on! I'm so proud of each and every one of you. May this show and the experience have blessed you all as much as it has blessed me, and have turned your heart and eyes to Jesus - that is my prayer in all of this! 
Bunch of crazies, these ones!
Crew and adult cast members - you are all legends, and none of this would have happened without you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have helped make this dream of mine (and so many others) a reality. You've given up your time, energy and efforts in order to bless these kids, and the audience as well. Thanks for your willingness to try anything, to put the hard yards in and your wisdom. Those of you who've worked so hard behind the scenes where no one sees, I thank you! I won't forget your efforts! I truly hope and pray that God will bless you for all you've done in this show, you wonderful people! I hope you've all had fun along the way!

My dearest Mama, what would I do without you?! Thanks for being musical director again, and helping me allow my dream of godly, wholesome family musical theatre in our community to be a reality. You inspire me. Your energy, vibrance and dedication to this cause are matched by none - how blessed am I to have you as my mentor, my guide and my mother?! 
Our Father in Heaven - without Whom none of this would be possible - thank You! Thank You for the journey You've taken us all on, the memories You've granted us, the lessons You've taught. I wouldn't change any of it for the world. Now, as we head into show weekend, please help us all to keep our eyes on You and You alone, through all the things that cloud us. Please grant us a spirit of unity and love as we work together, through any stresses that may arise, and all the wonderful moments too. Please grant us energy, and help everything to flow smoothly. Please fill our audiences Lord, with people who's hearts are open to hearing your message, and who are ready to glorify You along with us. That is my greatest prayer - that this show might be all to Your glory Lord. But Father, not as I wish, but as You. Amen!
All of this, with lots of love from 
Nina

All images in this post are from the very talented Tara Jolliffe Photography :)

No comments: