Sunday, 10 May 2015

Our God is greater!

As you all know, I'm setting out on a crazy busy two weeks - filled with assignments, work and performances. I have been trying really hard not to get too stressed out by all of this, and so far, my Jesus has kept me focused and centred! 1 performance, 2 assignments down! 
"I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength!"~Phil 4:13~ What a reminder!
A photo of all the performers from Chamber Music NZ's Open Stage show.
My trio and our accompanist (my mother) are in the middle in cloaks!
I had so much fun performing with my trio at Chamber Music NZ's Open Stage show last week. We performed the "Three Ladies' Trio" from Mozart's opera "The Magic Flute" - a challenge, but so much fun! - and "Bach, Bizet and Blue Skies" - a mix of Bach's Bouree, arranged for 3 voices and the song Blue Skies. Getting there on time was a little stressful, but it ended up working out perfectly and we loved performing!
L-R: Nina (me) - soprano, Kirstin - mezzo-soprano and Darryl - contralto
Then on Saturday, we had our first in-theatre rehearsal for Psalty! It was so exciting and everyone did so well. Hard to believe the show is only a week and a half away now! I can't wait to share some of the rehearsal photos with you - they're great.
Isn't it funny how the Lord brings certain aspects of His word to our attention at certain times?! Last week He really brought to my attention this verse: 
This was brought to mind when I was praying about the audience for our Psalty show, that God might grant us full houses, with people there ready to turn their hearts to Him, and be encouraged. 

Then on Sunday, we had a sermon on the following passage, focusing on verse 16 - asking for things after the Lord's own heart. Huh. 

John 15:12-17New International Version (NIV)

12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed youso that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

I have been praying and praying for Psalty, that we might not do this outside of the Lord's will and do it in vain, but that we might be doing it all for His glory and to make His name known, both among the cast and crew and our audiences. And these were the verses He used to encourage me. We need to remember, that our God is greater than any trouble we may encounter, and that we must continue in His ways of love. I love that! I'm so thankful that He sent His Son Jesus to be the bridge between us, that we might come before Him free. 
This quote sums it all up for me!
This morning, I put some of our excess fruit out on the road-side verge to sell to passers by. I prayed, "Lord, it would be wonderful if all this fruit could go today to someone who needs it, before it goes off." It wasn't an important prayer, or anything that really mattered. Yet, when I came home from uni just before, all the fruit was gone. If that isn't encouraging, I don't know what is!!?! Our God takes care even of the little things, as well as the big things!

Love, 
Nina xx

No comments: