Thursday, 23 July 2015

Busy Days and Quiet Moments

Appreciating beauty - a little splash of colour from yesterday <3
Semester is back on the go, work is back and busier than ever, I'm working on exciting new projects and the wedding planning is really on the go now. Exciting. Busy. Vibrant. Beautiful. I'm so thankful for this life of mine.

Anyone who knows me (or even anyone who just reads my blog haha) probably knows I have a tendency to get over-committed and too busy... And I'm determined not to do that this semester. I've been making sure I take time to just sit and be and to do things that still my soul.
Pray.
Write stories.
Sing.
Play my Irish Whistle (haha).
Read.
Dance.
Just do nothing.
Think.

Taking these quiet moments makes a huge difference to my attitude about life. I value that. I am LOVING planning my wedding - my dress is currently being altered and the invitations are almost ready to send (eeee!!) - but if I don't take quiet moments, it just all becomes to much and my brain freaks out. I'm finally learning this.
Being busy is one of the things that we let happen in life that keeps us from God most. Well, not everyone, but I certainly do. This quote sums it up really well, I think.

"I hear a lot of people say that the fear of death and the fear of public speaking are two of the main fears of our generation, but I disagree. I think it's the fear of silence. We refuse to turn off our computers, turn off our phones, log off Facebook and just sit in silence. Because in those moments we might actually have to face up to who we really are." - Jefferson Bethke -

And one of my favourite passages in the Bible speaks into this too. It is the story in 1 Kings 19 where Elijah gets to witness the Lord's presence. There comes a strong wind, then an earthquake, then finally a fire. The Creator of the Universe could have come in any way He chose, but He didn't choose to come in one of those ways. Instead He came in the whisper. I just love that.

God's Word has SO many verses about waiting for Him in silence:

Psalm 62: 5 "For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him."
I'm learning, by His grace to do just that. And it is precious time, I promise you. 

Well, I have run out of words for now, but let me leave you with my current favourite song "Time in Between" by Francesca Battistelli. Such lovely lyrics. 

Have a lovely week!
Nina xx

No comments: