Sunday, 26 July 2015

Finding Inspiration

I write a lot. It's one of my favourite things to do, and one of the things that keeps me the most joy-filled. But in order to write successfully, there are several things I have to do:

- Have an uncluttered, tidy room. It is hard to have uncluttered thoughts if your life is full of clutter :) 
- Have a "to-do" list (I'm an ultimate list maker - can you tell?!) so that I don't get stressed by taking the time out of life. 
- Set aside the time to write, and stick to it! Otherwise it will never happen. 
- Have things of beauty around me. That's one of the best ways to get inspired. 
This is my Inspiration Wall above my bed - it has pictures
of some of my favourite events and memories. It brings me
so much joy! I've just recently updated it, so I'm sure you'll
recognise some of the photos. The paper letters are from a
Coldplay concert I went to in 2014 - SO cool!
- Listen to beautiful music - this Lord of the Rings compilation is one of my favourites at the moment. So is this piece from the 1989 Kenneth Branagh film "Henry V"! I'm currently studying Henry V for one of my papers - and I LOVE this song! Never fails to inspire me :D
- Light a candle. Enough said.
A new candle I recently acquired :D
- Read good literature that fuels your writing passion and builds on your writing style. 
- Daydream. 
- Drink tea. 

I'm sure there are many more, but those are my go-to writing tips. Do you have any things you do? Also, I'm thinking of posting some of my recent writings on here - what do you think? :D

Back soon, 
Nina xx

3 comments:

Ella said...

Hi Nina!
Those a re great ways to get inspired.
I love making lists too! It helps keep me organized:)

P.S. I enjoy seeing your photos on instagram. New Zealand looks like it's a gorgeous country.

Nina Donkin said...

Thanks Ella! :) Yes, it is a beautiful country! I'm very blessed to live here! I love seeing all your photos and keeping up with what you're reading too!

Ella said...

Thank you! Instagram is neat:)