Friday, 3 July 2015

Hold me


One of my favourite ways to keep God as my focus is to play one of our local Christian radio stations  (Life FM) as I drive around. 

As I was driving home from work this evening, a Jamie Grace song called Beautiful Day was playing. A couple of lyrics really jumped out at me:

"It's been like a whole day, since I stopped, so You could hold me".
That line really struck me. I've never really thought about it like that before. But we do need to stop, take time to spend a while in God's Word, and in His presence. And when we do, it is as if He is holding us. I love that.
It got me thinking, and I realised that, although I do spend time reading the Bible and praying, I don't really stop to do so. Really stop, I mean. Turn off my phone or my laptop, ignore what's going on around me or my worries about the day (as unimportant as they are) and just focus on Him. On drawing closer into His beautiful presence. And not only is that wrong of me, but I am missing out because of it. I'm missing out on being held in the hands of my Creator, my God and my loving King. I want to be more and more like Him, but how can I unless I take time to really be with Him? 

So this is my goal: To learn to spend more time really stopped and focused, so He can hold me. I want to hear the whispers of His heart, to be held close to Him and to know Him better than I know myself. Nothing else really matters. 

Nina xx

No comments: