Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Wellness Day

Today, I'm doing something for the first time in my life: I'm taking a "Wellness Day". I have never done this before. I first got the idea from the Facebook page of an opera singer I know, who said she was taking a "Wellness Day" to just rest and get her focus back after being sick, busy and stressed.
I love the idea of a wellness day - a positive focused day, where your aim is to get yourself - body, spirit, soul and mind - back on track, rather than a sick day - which is a sort of negative day. I guess it doesn't really make much difference what you call it, but a positive out-look makes all the difference.
So today I've spent pretty much all day sitting on my bed reading inspirational books (Faith Like Potatoes), writing down my dreams, reading the Bible, listening to music and thinking. It's been really lovely. I'm still not feeling 100%, but I do feel lots better! I will definitely be taking Wellness Days more often now! :)

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!
Nina xx

2 comments:

Ainsley Reitsma said...

what a great idea! hope you feel better soon!

Nina Donkin said...

Haha, thanks Ainsley! :D