Sunday, 16 August 2015

And so it begins!

Finally, after many long weeks and months of praying and planning, we finally started our MICIgirls group this Saturday afternoon! Wahoo! It was such a joy and a delight to be a part of. This is going to be such a special journey with the girls, the other leaders, and with our Lord Jesus. I'm just so ready for it!
Saturday was a bit of a hectic day to be honest. The five leaders - Anya, Hannah, Charlotte, Basia and myself - had planned to meet up early and get everything set up. Well, that didn't really work out as planned. Saturday ended up sort of running away with us. We had a mad rush to get everything ready, and we were still praying as the girls were arriving, but we made it! And I think it all looked gorgeous!
We had cupcakes, fruit kebabs, mason jars for drinks, fairy lights, and gift packs with a MICI journal and magazine, plus a small perfume for each girl. It was adorable!
When the girls arrived, we spent some time just welcoming them and their lovely Mums' and getting to know each other. Then Anya gave a quick talk on what MICI is all about (see my previous post if you don't know! :)), and what we'd be doing over the 10 weeks. Then the girls went and watched Ever After, and us leaders stayed and talked to the Mums a bit. 
Obsessed with these jars - I actually bought them for our wedding,
but decided they could serve a multi purpose!
One of the Mums very kindly offered to let me and Logan use some decorations she has for our wedding - people are SO generous - this keeps happening to us! Thank You Lord!! It turns out she and her husband got married at our age too (a bit younger actually), and are still very much in love and happy today. That was so encouraging to hear! I love hearing people's love stories! *smiles* 
Our lovely team (not the greatest photo, but unfortunately this one was the best
 taken haha) - Basia, me, Charlotte, Hannah and Anya!
After the Mums left, us leaders just spent some time chatting and exploring possibilities we'd come up with after actually meeting the girls. Man, I'm so excited to actually start our first real session. There are 13 young ladies in our group - several I already know, but most of them, I will be getting to know over the course of the 10 weeks. Even though I've only met each of them briefly, I am really thrilled with the wonderful girls in the group, and I can't wait to see where God takes us!
For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do
good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
~Ephesians 2:10~
Anya's gorgeous daughter, Evangeline (you may recognise her as
one of the dancers from Psalty!), is one of our MICI girls. She was
SO helpful with setting up, and decorated all the cupcakes beautifully!
After it was all packed up and over, I posted a couple of pictures from the Meet and Greet on Instagram. 2 of the creators of the MICI programme saw it, and one of them reposted my picture, saying this:
Isn't is amazing how God puts a dream on our hearts, and often it goes on to become bigger, and to encompass more people as it goes?!
One thing I'm sure of, this is going to be an amazing journey! 
For now, unfortunately, I have to go - an essay is calling my name :P 
Talk soon, 
Nina xx
P.S. I posted on our MICI girls website blog too, if you're interested in following our journey there!

1 comment:

Ella said...

It's great that you are taking time to disciple young ladies.
I was part of a great young women's bible study a few years ago and I have great memories of it.