Sunday, 9 August 2015

Remember the Titans! {Movie Review}

For years and years, some of my girlfriends have been promising to show me one of their favourite movies - Remember the Titans. And we finally got around to it a couple of weeks ago. I LOVED it, so I watched it again tonight with my family. I think I liked it even more this second time. 

Remember the Titans is based on a true story, set in Virginia in 1971. It tells the story of a merging American high-school - the first black/white integrated school in the area. Along with that, their two football teams merge, and they get a new coach - a black coach. The coach is played by Denzel Washington. 
The story is a super uplifting, and inspiring, teaching lessons about race relations, and trusting the soul of a man over his skin. Plus, the music is great - Ain't No Mountain High! I, as per usual, won't go into detail about the story (spoilers are awful!) - but I will say on the whole this film is a great one for all the family. There's one scene which I misunderstood the first time I saw it, but if you are paying attention, it makes perfect sense and isn't what it seems haha (if you've seen it, you probably know which scene I'm talking about!). But this movie is one of the cleanest Hollywood movies I've seen in a long time. It portrays such an important issue in such a great light - I loved it!

Nina xx

No comments: