Thursday, 24 September 2015

DIY - Puff Balls

Let me start this post with a disclaimer: Whilst I am a super artistic and creative person in some areas of life, actual art or crafts are not an area I excel in - at ALL! haha :) So any projects I post on here are guaranteed to be super simple!

Pom-pom Strings - 
What You Need: 
Mini pom-poms
2 metres (or how every long you want) of cotton
A needle
Something to store them on


Okay: So these are really mim pom-poms. But I prefer to call them puff balls ;) I bought about 1000 puff balls (no exaggeration haha) - they're about NZ$2 for bags of several hundred, so this was a nice, cheap exercise. 
Next, I poured them all into a box and mixed them up. We're going for a bit of a rainbow theme with some of our reception decorations, so I'm not really colour coding.

Next step - thread the needle with about 2 metres (or how ever long you want) of cotton. Tie a knot in the other end of the thread. 
Start threading puff balls into it. Leave a small gap between each puff ball if you want to save money on buying more haha :) 
Keep threading until you get all the way through the thread. Then remove the needle and tie a knot in that end too. If you're not using them for a while, I suggest wrapping them around something like an empty toilet roll and then taping them on so they stay.
This is what they will look like eventually. I'm planning to string them up outside (depending on the wind haha). Aren't they cute?! 

Stay tuned for more crafts and stuff in the coming weeks! 
Love, 
Nina xx




No comments: