Monday, 12 October 2015

3 girls in a car!

Sorry it's been a wee while since last I posted - I'm coming into the final week of semester and I've been working really hard on my final assignment! But also, over three days last week, two of my very dearest friends and I had a bit of an escape, a mini vacation to Auckland! It was just what I needed and is definitely one of my all time best memories! :)
Stopped at Waioru, jumping for joy!
We stopped in front of Mt Ruapehu
Our view of Mt Ngarahoe from the road!
We stopped at Huka Falls - SO beautiful.
How gorgeous is the Waikato River??
We climbed a tree...
Love these girls SO much!
After our trip up we spent a nice restful evening at the girls' aunt and uncle. The next day, we headed up to the beautiful Mission Beach.
We got Mövenpick ice creams on the beachfront <3
<3 <3 <3
Such a gorgeous beach!
After we went to the beach, we went to see the girls' grandpa. We had lunch with him, then we went with him to Cornwall Park. It was absolutely beautiful! This photo is taken from the top of One Tree Hill. It was so beautiful, but it was pretty hazy, so it's a little hard to see.
Then, that night we went up the Sky Tower with a couple of the girls' friends. I've been up before, but it was so cool to go up again. We had heaps of fun!
The next morning, we got to pop in on my godparents, and I got to meet their beautiful little daughter. That was SO lovely! Then we went and said goodbye to the girls' grandpa, and set off on our journey home. 
We went through Matamata - aka Hobbiton!!!
A Real. Hobbit. Hole.
Lake Taupo was so beautiful on our way back!
We stopped at a slightly thermal-ish area, and got a real surprise
when the rocks we were seated on started to heat up!!
Mt Ruapehu on our way home!
Some nice family stopped where we had and offered to take
our photo! 
Our road trip was definitely one of the best mini-holidays I've ever had! I'm so thankful for my wonderful friends and the beautiful, safe country we live in! God has blessed me SO much!

Lots of love, 
Nina xx



3 comments:

Ainsley Reitsma said...

aw, looks like you girls had a great time! it sounded like soooo much fun! i reeeeaaally want to go to Hobbiton some time! XD

Ella said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Hobbiton looks so cool!!! It'on my bucket list to visit it

Jemimah Davis said...

Hobbiton looks absolutely amazing!!! Definitely on my bucket list if I do make it to NZ from Tasmania in the next year or two :) you blog is gorgeous too, by the way!!