Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Adventures and Wedding Reception Crafts

Today, it is officially 1 MONTH until I marry my Logan! Crazy stuff! There is SO much still to do, but at the same time, I'm feeling so ready for this. God has been so, so good to us. We're really feeling His peace in this time, and are so excited to take this next step. 

On Saturday, we took our first day off from doing wedding related stuff/catching up with other people in literally months and escaped our home town. We took a road trip down towards Wellington, and just stopped wherever we felt like it. It was the BEST! 
1st stop! 
We took a stop at Waikanae beach. It was pretty cold, but man, was it beautiful!
 Then we explored a town called Otaki, and drove out into the hillside, and found their gorge. It was so beautiful. I drove over my first ever one-way swing bridge too, which was pretty nerve-wracking, but cool too.
Check out this gorgeous country!
What a poser my husband-to-be is ;)
I'm so thankful we got to share that day together, as I know the next four weeks will be crazy! Monday was Labour Day, so Logan didn't have to work (I did in the afternoon sadly :P), so we spent most of the day working on crafts for our wedding reception and listening to Ephesians on audio Bible.

First, we worked on making chalk boards. I had all these old photo frames, so we decided to use those. Logan got hold of some chalkboard paint (who knew that was a thing?!), and we got to work. 

The first thing you have to do is remove the glass from the frame and clean it so there is no dirt/dust on it.
 Then you have to stir the paint for a full 5 minutes before you start work. 
 Then you just paint. You have to let it dry for 4-6 hours, then you do a second coat. I haven't taken a photo of what that looks like yet, but I think it looks super cool.
 Next, we worked on some little candle jars. We just used mini mason jars, removed the lids and glittered the rims. After this step, we just tied some ribbony thing around the neck of each one and considered it done. I think they'll look so cute!
 Finally, we worked on some bunting. This particular kind was designed for writing on with fabric pens. We covered this string with some of my favourite Bible verses ever - Lamentaions 3:21-24.
Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:
22 
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
Well, I think that gives a bit of an update as to what's going on wedding wise :) I've been up to lots and lots of other stuff too, but I'll leave that for another post ;)
Love, 
Nina xx


2 comments:

Violet said...

soooooooo EXCITING!!!!!!! :D :D :D Its so neat to see what the Lord is doing in both your lives! I can't wait to see you take your vows in a month's time! God bless you both! <3 Love from your friend, Violet <3

Ainsley Reitsma said...

aw, you guys r soo cute!! = D the candle jars and bunting are really cool!
God bless!
Ains