Saturday, 31 October 2015

Redeemer of all things

Yesterday was a hard day. It was actually filled with lots of lovely things, and I'm so thankful for that, but lots of hard things happened in it. It was just one of those days. 

But I love how even in the midst of things, God is always working and shaping. 
We had our MICIgirls group in the afternoon yesterday. When I was heading there, I was really upset and not feeling at all up to leading, but I prayed and God comforted me. A few unforeseen circumstances occurred and things were a bit messy, but thanks to my wonderful co-leaders and our guest leader, my lovely friend Jess, we pulled it together. 

Our teaching yesterday was about "being brave for Jesus". As part of that, I shared a story of a deep regret in my life. When I was about 10, I was on an artistic roller skating squad, and had been on the team for many years. I knew the girls I skated with really well. I used to always wear this wooden cross necklace when I was that age. One particular day, one of the girls came up to me at training and asked me why I wore it. 

To this day, I remember that moment, and the way I responded will probably always haunt me. I can still see her curious face, feel my heart being, and hear my voice saying "Oh, it's nothing," and tucking the necklace into my t-shirt. 

I shared that with the girls, telling them how much I regret what I did, even all these years later. I told them I later realised that perhaps I would have been the only one that girl would ever have heard Christ's love from, and how I let her down, and failed to trust in Jesus. After I finished speaking, there was a heavy silence as the girls took it in. 

And this is the bit that gets me. All those years ago, in was a story of regret and failure to me, I couldn't see how God might use it for good. Well, yesterday, nearly 10 years later, He used it to shape and touch 14 young ladies of Christ in their walk. All along, He'd had a plan to turn this moment around.  My sin and failure, He has redeemed it. Even what the enemy meant for evil, He turned it for His good. And I am so thankful. 

Several mothers contacted me after the session to thank me for sharing that story, as it had impacted their girls big time. And all I can say is praise Him.

Trust Him with your stories, dear ones, no matter the mistakes you've made. He's not finished with you yet!
Love, 
Nina xx


1 comment:

Ainsley Reitsma said...

Thanks so much for sharing that Nina, I'm sure with God's help you will touch many more people as well!